Translate

Ads

Trusting God in Your Hardest Moments

It is so easy for us to say hold on to Jesus and trust in his words. However, as a believer  you will learn over time that this is not innate but developed as you are tested and tried with different circumstances. For many the question asked is how can I trust God when sickness is rotting my bones? When I am jobless? When I have lost a loved one? When I am childless? And the list goes on and on with the many moments we can't see past our circumstances and our faith is at its lowest. Having been in some deep troubled waters myself I can assure you that trusting in God is not easy but it is possible.

I was employed in a private radiologic facility in 2015. The working terms and conditions were not the best to say the least. I was at a point of frustration and felt like giving up and going home. However, family conditions were not so great either. 2015 was the year of trouble for me. I was engaged to get married and my fiance had a terrible motor vehicle accident. After recovering from that incident and actually getting married, months later I lost my grandmother then my stepdad was admitted with a minor stroke months later. So many things all at once were coming at me. However this was the time I really learnt to trust in God. I engaged in prayer at every opportunity I got even when I was doubtful God was truly hearing me. I decided then that if God is who I perceive him to be all powerful and all knowing I am going to prove that he can bring me through. It wasn't a walk in the park. It took everything I had to make that dedication to read his words and tell him every single problem I had. I could not understand why I was experiencing all I was going through but one day with tears strolling down my cheeks and praying to him in my lunch hour I heard him clearly directing me to his words. Romans 8:28 became one of my best motivation.

 In that moment even though I still could not understand what I was going through I then had hope that it would work in my favour and it was only a glimpse of a bigger picture.  Months later I got another job I didn't even apply for. And a few months after getting that job I got a even better job I did not apply for once again.  My stepdad recovered even though the doctors believed he might not have walked again. You see my friends, God had it planned for me. He was taking me through troubled waters so he could restore me to greater paths. I personally believe God sometimes try us to see how grounded we are. Do we run away from him in times of our greatest trouble or do we hold steadfast to the rock of life?

Romans 5:3-4
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience, and experience, hope

I don't know what your ship may be like, I don't know your storm conditions but I know the anchor. I can tell you the anchor holds inspite of the storm. Take your eyes off the wind and waves and set your gaze on Jesus. It won't be the easiest thing for you to do because we are humans and we have a natural tendency to worry but read the word and strengthen your spirit man so you can truly put your hope in God.

Comments

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

Moving Forward In Love

Just Say Thank You

Being The Odd One Out