Translate

Ads

Moving Forward In Love

I know it has been a while since I have updated the blog. However it's never easy keeping an updated blog that is completely dependent on a word from God. While God is always speaking to us the truth is we are not always listening or in a position to hear him. Nevertheless when he does speak and we do hear, we know it's a word with power. 

This morning I recalled a lesson covered by my pastor in one of our bible study sessions addressing our heart conditions. What would be your response if you were asked what is the condition of your heart? Medically we would look at the chambers of the heart, the valves and other areas, assessing the presence or absence of diseases; however that would not be the response fitting for this instance. As children of God what exactly are the conditions of our hearts. Are our hearts right with God? Many times we focus on the big deeds but ignore the small things (or so we think) and not realize that these micro areas are enough to lock us out of heaven.  

There have been some family issues and emotions have been running high with anger steaming up among other feelings. In one instance I was so upset I told myself that I would sever all connections if things don't change. I was hurt, disappointed, upset and plain angry about the situation and the challenges it placed on us as a family. I realized that with each passing day the hurt would grow more and the pain would sting deeper. In the midst of it all the enemy tried to take advantage of my situation and would add more pain to my wounds in an effort to build more anger and push the agenda of hatred. However, when you know God and know his words and his promises it's not long before you realize the schemes of the devil and uncover the plot he is setting for you. Therefore, I started to pray fervently and handed over the situation to God. While it wasn't an immediate change, I found myself gradually rationalizing the situation objectively. Victoriously, this morning I was able to do what I was unable to do weeks ago and seek peace in the matter. While it was one of the most painful phone calls I ever made, barely making it through the 2 minutes I spent on the phone, what I needed to say only required 10 seconds "I love you".

Too often we allow pride to get before us, not realizing our hearts are being damaged drastically. Don't allow anger, hatred, malice, envy, jealousy and unforgiveness to be the conditions of your hearts. Our father is Love and we therefore must reflect this love at all cost. God loves us so much that he sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Now that we have experienced such love what reason do we have to hold things against others? Its amazing how we all want to be forgiven and understood when our actions are mistaken but refuse to offer the same when the tables turn.  We should never allow the spirit of amnesia to take us over, forgetting what God has brought us through. Forgiving does not mean we are consenting to the wrongs done or condoning such actions. We can however despise the sin and not the sinner. It is never easy forgiving those who have wronged us, but  I can tell you it feels great releasing that heavy load.

As children of God, we ought to make every effort to ensure that our words and actions are reflection of this amazing love that forms the foundation of our very existence. What we say and how we react in situations can easily scar others deeply. Don't allow your words to stand in the way to Christ. Many times we are the only Bible others read so be careful what message is being sent. It is not always the murder, adultery or other things we often magnify that will be our downfall but instead simple things like not being able to release anger and move forward in love.

Reflect on your actions and words over the last few weeks and see if there are any that may have gone out from you that is not truly reflecting of the light of Christ. If yes, are you able to apologize and seek peace? Let us do all that it requires to make our hearts healthy and strong so we can confidently answer the question what is the condition of our hearts.


"Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong, it makes you bitter, forgiving doesn’t make you weak, it sets you free"...….Dave Willis

Reflective Scriptures:
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
2 Corinthians 2:5-11
Matthew 6:14

Prayer of Forgiveness
Mighty God I place (Person's name) before you.
I lay down the hurt, pain and anger that (person's name) has caused me at your feet.
Lord when they (explain what they did) I was upset, angry and bitter about it.
I am finding it very hard to move forward in love but today I hand it over completely to you Jesus trusting you are able to heal my wounds and put an end to my pains.
Lord I embrace your love and perfect peace and ask that you heal my heart.
Free me of bitterness, hatred and unforgiveness and release me from this bondage in Jesus name I pray Amen.

Comments

  1. Very inspirational and useful to,ke at this very moment. Thamk you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Ads

Popular posts from this blog

Just Say Thank You

The Power of Praise and Obedience